Thursday, September 16, 2010

September 12th, 2010: winterize weekend




Marc- This past Friday found me in Vermont for attorney work and a good head start on my way along to Clayton. I arrived at the dock just after sunset, about 7:30 p.m. this time of year. There was certainly a Fall feel about the place with cool dry air and only a slight breeze. The Yamaha outboard started well on the third pull and I was soon out to the mooring. By the time that I had settled in aboard it was indeed a star filled sky that greeted me. The stars seemed brighter that back home, in reality there is simply less background lighting in this area far from the large cities.

I worked non-stop from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. to complete the necessary tasks before leaving the boat in an area known for its sub zero weather. While checking the engine, I discovered that the mounting bolts needed to be tightened and that the electrical cables were not properly connected. The latter was the cause of our recent difficulty in starting the engine even with fully charged batteries. A list of longer term projects was prepared including varnishing the trim, rebuilding the forward bunks, and possibly moving the refrigerator. My wish for one last meal at Koffee Kove was thwarted by the long line of patrons outside. It was back to Subway for a sandwich.

No comments: