Saturday, March 9, 2024

Southern Camping Trip 2024 / Day 39

Oscar Scherer State Park

Osprey, Florida

Saturday, March 9,  2024   

Resurrection Fern

Very cool plant that finds a place to live.  Almost every live oak tree here in Florida seems to have these ferns growing on their horizontal branches.

Marc-  Sue will explain our morning visit to a very nice Quilt Shop in Venice.  We then prepared for guests coming for lunch.  Afterward we all went on a shady hike in the tall oaks and palm trees along the creek that passes through the Park.  It was 84 degrees in the sun so we welcomed the shade and the cooling breeze coming up the creek from the Gulf of Mexico.

We did see several yellow and orange butterflies along the trail but they were impossible to photograph.  I am having difficulty loading videos.

Our friends:  George, Fred, Em & Ann

This State Park is really an oasis in a developed part of Florida.
(Google Photo)

Sue- This morning we went to Crazy Quilters Fabrics & Notions in Venice.  It is the smallest quilt store I've seen.  There are 2 ladies working there and Agnes, their security poodle.  Believe it or not, Agnes wears pearls (pink ones).  Why we didn't ask to take a photo of her, I don't know.  We also forgot to take a photo of the outside of the store.  I think one of the ladies told me it is a 900 SF store, but when I think back to my 650 SF apartment in the Fenway, I wonder if it is really 900 SF.  Regardless, they have as many pretty fabrics as they can cram in, and the ladies are very nice.  Agnes warmed up to us quickly.  I bought fabric for a table runner class I'm taking with Kay B. when we get home.

No comments: