Sunday, February 14, 2021

Sailing South aboard Lucy III: 2020-2021 (Part II)

  Sombrero Marina, Marathon, Florida:  February 14, 2021

https://www.google.com/maps/@24.6982386,-81.0849577,15z

Happy Valentines Day

Marc-   Valentines Day in Keys.  Sue and I did our exchange of cards and gifts.  I got a new shirt and Sue got an assortment of tasty oranges (per her request).  We did our two laps around the golf course.

It was boat projects for me for a few hours today.  I painted the cockpit.  

Michael came over at 5 and took us all over to the No Name Pub on No Name Key for a special dinner.  We had been here recently for lunch.  The dinner was fine at the outdoor area picnic tables under the giant tiki hut.  But while we waited (15 minutes) to get in I decided to go walk around the neighborhood looking for some friendly Key deer.  I walked about 50 feet and saw a small deer in a nearby yard.  I prepared my video camera and started talking to the deer.  The deer immediately came over to me, fearlessly smelled me and then turned away.  I wished it well and it turned back to look at me again: fascinating creature.  See how my video skills are improving as well as knowing how to make friends:  

https://youtu.be/7SaLVdn-N2c




No comments: