Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Sailing South aboard Lucy III: 2020-2021 (Part II)

    Sombrero Marina, Marathon, Florida:  February 9, 2021

https://www.google.com/maps/@24.6982386,-81.0849577,15z

Gizmo
Small bird
    

Marc-  We get up every morning and the marina cat, Gizmo, is sleeping on top of the dodger.  It was another hot day.  Luckily we do our morning walk early before the sun has its effect.  Most of the day was spent doing boat prep for the new air conditioning unit.  This included running new electrical cables (x3) and two non collapsible hoses from the lazarrette where the condenser will be located and the seacock and water pump in the midship bilge.  Then came the biggest issue: the frozen seacock that we hope to use for water access.  My initial plan was to go below and temporarily plug the seacock thru hull from the water side.  I put on my wet suit and brought the plug under.  First problem was with floating on the surface due to the buoyancy of my wetsuit.  I was able to get below the boat but could not find the through hull fitting.  The bottom needs a good cleaning.  The solution is to get a diver to clean the bottom and plug the hole while he is doing this and remove the plug when I am done. I will install a new ball valve and water strainer on the inside while the diver completes the cleaning.  I set up the new hose and strainer right in line so all I will need to do is to switch out the hoses.

Now all we need is a diver. I have asked the marina manager for names.

Michael assisted with the boat prep today and we went to lunch at the Cracked Conch Cafe.  We ate outside and a small bird flew in to sit next to me. 









No comments: