Thursday, February 15, 2024

Southern Camping Trip 2024 / Day 16

St. Mary's KOA Campground

St. Mary's, Georgia

February 15, 2024    

Magellan's Flagship Trinidad on his voyage of circumnavigation (replica) in St. Augustine.

Marc-  Today we went South to St. Augustine, Florida to meet up with Jay and Sandy.  It was a superb visit of the old port town punctuated with a great lunch at River and Fort Restaurant and dinner at Pizzalley.  We enjoyed a lunchtime view of Castillo San Marco and the harbor.  We were entertained at dinner by an excellent vocalist / guitarist hippie with an earring.  At other times we wandered about town seeing various sights including a copy of Magellan's flagship (this is a Spanish town after all) and many shops, galleries and some old hotels.

Flager College (Ex Flagler Hotel).

Flagler built Presbyterian church.

Bridge of Lions opening to allow a Schooner to pass.

St. George Street shopping.

This sign made me hungry.

The gang.

An original Dali.

Sue-  I bought my first ever "jelly roll" (of fabric) yesterday at the Scrappy Rooster Quilt shop, and today I unrolled it.  We saw a pretty table runner at shop, and I got the jelly roll to make that.  Maybe some day we'll stay at our campsite all day and I can sew some of it up, though I have about 40 or more sailboat blocks to make for the sailboat quilt we bought in VA... so which do I do first, or can I work on both at the same time?  I think the latter.








No comments: