Thursday, February 29, 2024

Southern Camping Trip 2024 / Day 30

Moore Haven KOA

Moore Haven , Florida

Wednesday, February 29, 2024  

Monarch Butterfly at our friend Roberta's garden in Ft. Myers.

Marc-  Happy Leap Year.  Glad to have an extra day to enjoy this year.  We used it to visit our friend Roberta who lives in Ft. Myers.  The traffic was heavy at rush hour but without the crazy aggressive driving of the Ft. Lauderdale area.  We spent some time walking around Roberta's Cypress Cove residence and her garden.  We also went out in search of Florida oranges and found some "honeybells" at Sun Harvest.  Ft. Myers also has an excellent New England Restaurant named "Clam Bake" where we had dinner (the owners are from Rhode Island).  I could not believe that they had Ipswich clams.  

Hawk at Cypress Cove.


Partial view of Roberta's garden.

View of the Cypress Cove Residences from the gardens.

Happy after our soft serve orange/vanilla ice cream at Sun Harvest.




Sue-  We visited Kay's Quilt Shop in Ft. Lauderdale.   It had a good amount of gorgeous fabric and more beautiful batiks than I usually see in a quilt store.  There was a sailboat batik that called to me, and a fun cat fabric, but I resisted.  I do not need a thing and I did not buy a thing for a change.  This store had a few quilts hanging up.  Several of them were their "Sassy Sunflower Half Pack Kits," which are 5 half yard cuts that will make any of their sassy sunflower quilt patterns or a "cute tote."  None of them did anything for me.  There were some nice old sewing machines used as decorations.  The ladies who worked there were very nice, and kindly let me know of a couple of quilt shows coming up.  In theory we could go to the one in Naples that is March 1 and 2, but I don't think we will.  Overall I was either not in the mood or just didn't get a super awesome vibe.  I will give them a B+.


Quilting space in camper.






No comments: