Monday, September 7, 2020

Sailing South aboard Lucy III: 2020-2021 (Day 4)

 Fort Edward Boat Basin, Fort Edward, NY:  September 7. 2020



Marc- We stuck to the wall today.  Perhaps our day delayed here was for the best as we saw very gusty (30 plus knots) weather pass through.  It would not have been fun on the Hudson River or doing the Locks.  Nice and calm by dinner time.

I used the extra time to wire and install a new masthead LED anchor light.  This was difficult since my mainmast is filled with styrofoam except for a small section.  I still have a new VHF antenna to install and I will be using the existing cable.  I also checked and cleaned all of the battery connections and found three loose connections.  

Sue gave me an excellent haircut in the cockpit under the bimini.  We walked two miles to get groceries at a fantastic supermarket named "Market"by Price Chopper.  After dinner we found the Amtrak Station and admired its design.


 

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Looks like a nice area